Monday, October 8, 2018

OMM2018 - Night 8: Contagion (2011)

 

Night 8: Contagion
 
Quality: 5/5 - That real world horror will get you every time. It's accurate, with the press saying the movie went out of it's way to check that this is how things would go down. Great acting and pacing makes this a great film.
 
Enjoyability: 4/5 - This is almost a crime mystery/medical drama more than straight horror. There were a couple times where I wasn't sure what was happening or what they were saying. It wasn't to the point where I lost interest, but it's thinky. Still a great scary movie- but for a different reason than most.
 
Spookiness: "Ahh! Stop touching your face!!" - By far the scariest movie yet this month, I actually started doing laundry because I couldn't bear to just sit and watch everything happen. It starts you off knowing this could happen and leaves you with the thought of 'what if?'. Honestly, it's when society breaks down that's really scary for me. I mean- what are you gonna do in this situation?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment