Thursday, October 3, 2019

OMM2019 - Night 3: Arachnophobia (1990)

 #OctoberMovieMarathon Night 3:

Arachnophobia (1990)
 

Laura's Review:

Larry and I disagree on this one... he says 3/5. I say 4/5.

It's campy, it's funny, some effects aren't great, but there are a few really cool shots. I quite enjoyed how a lot of tropes I imagine for a creature feature were skipped. There wasn't 1 giant/mutated/evil creature to contend with. No nonsense government thing making the situation worse. No bad guy. Just spiders. The beginning pacing was slow though, and John Goodman is funny- but why is he here again? All in all, I would 100% watch this again. Very fun for me.

 

Larry's Review:

Since Laura didn't write anything, I figured I would let y'all know that we had Night 3 of our #OctoberMovieMarathon
 
Arachnophobia (1990) - 3/5 (Laura gives it 4/5)
 
This is pretty campy for a horror movie. Spiders everywhere, lame effects, great cinematic shots, and a silly but poorly paced plot. Oh yeah, and John Goodman shows up a little bit there, but that's really not important to the story. We're gonna have to watch some legitimate horror movie, because all these goofy spooky movies are going to spoil us.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment