Tuesday, October 8, 2019

OMM2019 - Night 8: An American Werewolf in London (1981)

 Night 8 of Larry and I's #OctoberMovieMarathon

American Werewolf in London (1981)
1/5


...I don't know what to say. We weren't scared, tense, or spooked. It wasn't really funny or dramatic... I want to rate it higher because I know the effects are still lauded in movie-land today... but I just can't. I think what did it in for me was the lack of tone. I couldn't tell if jokes weren't landing or if the pacing was off or if the tension wasn't coming through.


We actually paused the movie twice to do other things and even missed the ending scene while we watched a werewolf transformation from a different movie. (We didn't feel the need to rewatch the ending scene though)


However, 1 point for the 4 (unintentional?) penis shots in the movie. #DontWatchWithYourParents


 

No comments:

Post a Comment